Tuesday

Going Further

“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again”

Persevere is a word whose stem comes from the Latin for “severe” (severus), meaning inflexible. Someone who is perseverant never quits. People who have been successful in their lives all have something in common: perseverance. Their success stories show consistent effort, persistence in difficult situations and the will to go on, even when the temptation to give in to discouragement has been very great.

Today, I know that perseverance comes from within. It is not something I can find outside myself. Even when friends offer me encouragement, nothing can replace my own perseverance.

Perseverance is the marathon runner who refuses to give in to exhaustion before he or she has crossed the finish line. It is standing up to adversity. It is refusing to give in even when all seems lost.
                                                       S135

No comments: