Sunday

Serving Others

“No joy equals the joy of serving others.”
-SAI BABA

Most of us have lost the notion of serving others. To some extent we associate serving others with form of degradation or slavery. We live in an age of liberation. But our overly individualistic outlook results in isolation and spiritual hardship. There can only be one true goal for people living within a society: serving others. A lifetime of serving ourselves is sterile and fruitless. A lifetime of serving our families, our communities, our businesses, our planet, is the only true life.

Serving does not mean being a slave or acting as someone else’s inferior. Serving means using my talents and my resources for the greater good of all. When I serve, I find self-fulfillment, I create harmony and I become a full-fledged member of humanity.
S176

No comments: